Thomas Sowell discusses poverty around the world and in the United States. Poverty in America, he says, compared to the rest of the world, is not severe. Many poor people in poverty in the United States have one or two cars, central heating, and cell phones. The real problem for the poor is the destruction of the family, which Sowell argues dramatically increased once welfare policies were introduced in the 1960s.
Latest posts by Thomas Sowell (see all)
- Grow Up Donald Trump! - 2016.02.05
- The Demand for Villains - 2016.01.26
- The New Nomenklatura: California’s “Progressive” Exclusionary Housing Market - 2016.01.22
- Donald Trump is a Bad Deal for America - 2016.01.22
- A Lack of Quality Ideas: Trump and The Republican Establishment - 2016.01.22