Ariel Sharon’s enthusiastic support of a United States-led “road map” to an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement, which ultimately will establish a patchwork Arab state comprised of areas within the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, caught many by surprise. Their astonishment is misguided. The ambition of the plan, though tenuous, is well intentioned. The farfetched utopian state it contends to deliver, however, is a delusion.
This road map, a precautionary semantic shift from the definitive
Latest posts by David Harsanyi (see all)
- The “Mad” Hungarians vs. Old Europe - 2003.03.03
- The Palestinian Utopia: A Road to Nowhere - 2003.01.03
- Fatwa: Coming to a Country Near You - 2002.12.16
- Democratic Political Propaganda: Rhetoric vs. Reality - 2002.10.12
- Hollywood Actors: False American Idols - 2002.10.06