Philosophy is often disparaged as an ivory tower pursuit that makes no difference in the real world. But if you know how to look, you can see its influence everywhere. This talk by Yaron Brook, executive chairman of the Ayn Rand Institute, explores how today’s widespread acceptance of determinism has made many people suspicious of immigration. In contrast, the controversial positions that ARI takes on immigration reflect its philosophical understanding of free will.
What are your thoughts on this? Feel free to post (politely) in the comments.
Latest posts by Yaron Brook (see all)
- Ayn Rand’s Philosophy on Helping the Poor, Capitalism, and Human Nature - 2017.04.24
- Immigration: Free Will and Free Borders - 2017.03.01
- Video: Open Immigration Policy - 2014.09.12
- VIDEO: Yaron Brook Speech at the Tea Party Patriots American Policy Summit - 2011.02.28
- Why Are We Moving Toward Socialized Medicine? - 2009.07.29